Sunday, September 11, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Has it been a week already? Geez. I don't think I've written six sentences since Sunday!

Okay, that's not true. But I'm shielding my WIP until it's finished. Here is an excerpt from a short story I'd originally targeted for a Christmas anthology. (Okay, a Halloween anthology, then didn't finish it in time. Didn't finish it in time for Christmas, either!)

Enjoy.

---
"Your magick is young, love.” Jasper's words were honeyed, yet Sadie could not help but pick out his condescending tone.
He reached a hand out, stroking her chin with a long finger. A shudder ran through her body and settled deep in her womb. “You were powerful enough to conjure me last night, which was an impressive feat for a witch of your standing. But your magick is not stronger than my will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment