Monday, September 19, 2011

Musical Monday

Happy Monday, everyone!

I decided, thanks to a very convenient alliteration, that Mondays will be the day I share the music that inspires me the most when I write. Also because I'm afraid I'll run out of sentences for Six Sentence Sundays.

This morning, while my wonderful partner was watching a not-so-wonderful movie and I was struggling to get my 1,000 words in for the morning, I opted for this album.

Sigur Rós is one of my favorite bands to listen to, when silence won't do, and when I need to concentrate. Hard. It's ambient, smooth, melodic. Oh yeah, and in Icelandic, so I don't get distracted by the lyrics!

Besides, if you read the translation of "Starálfur," it would completely change the meaning of the song for you. Listen first. Then translate.

Please try to ignore the picture from Life Aquatic staring at you the whole time.




Share your favorite writing songs. What gets you in the mood? What helps to cover up your better half's terrible movie noise?

Stay tuned for my first guest blogger on Wednesday, Evernight author Alexandra O'Hurley!

No comments:

Post a Comment