Thursday, October 7, 2010

Now-Year's Resolutions


I procrastinate. I can't help it. But even worse is when I get the drive to start something, get distracted, set it aside, and forget to come back to it.

Did that at work today a few times and each time I'm reminded how scatter-brained I am. I wish I could multitask efficiently. I love working on multiple things at the same time, hence my last post. I have three or four "babies" at a time that I'm working on, and have trouble focusing on one. The problem is, I don't finish any of them.

So on my bike ride home today, I started making a list of New Year's Resolutions. "Stop procrastinating" was at the top of the list.

Then figured that I was just procrastinating by waiting until the New Year to start, so I'm creating a list of things I'm going to start doing right freakin' away.

- Stop procrastinating!

- Exercise or be active for at least one hour a day, even if it's just walking. I take a bike in for my commute to work, half an hour each way. Easy! And on the day's I'm not commuting, well, there's plenty more I could do!

- Write at least 500 words a day, five days a week even if it's not on a story I'm trying to finish. But it has to be fiction. Blogging doesn't count.

- Read at least half an hour a day. Blogs don't count!

- Take a lunch break! I've become terrible at eating regularly now that I've been promoted at work. That 8-mile commute I did today? I did it on a banana. It's 7:30 p.m. and my only solid meal today was a banana at 5 a.m. this morning, then a tablespoon of sunflower butter before I ran back out to get some shopping done. Not good!

- Meditate regularly. I promise, Renee, it will be good for you.

Are these hard and fast rules? Is this list finite? To both of those, absolutely not. But I need it as some kind of motivation. Let's see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment