Sunday, October 17, 2010

Moving into the future... cyberpunk style

After finding out the story I had put my heart and soul into over the past few weeks is a near carbon copy of a Bite that was written earlier in the year, I've been more than a bit bummed out in the writing department. It was a big kick in the behind, since I really liked the voice I developed through that story.

I'm not trashing it for good, but I'm too disheartened to continue with it for now until I change a few elements... and I'm not ready to touch that yet.

Keeping up with the commitment to write every day, for the first time ever, I've been working on character sheets for a novella I'm planning to submit to Samhain's Cyberpunk anthology by February 2011. I think this is a realistic goal for me, and the characters are becoming more "alive" to me every day.

You know, for all of the two days since I conceived them.

4 comments:

  1. Go for it hon! I know you can do it, if you set your mind on it :)
    Cyberpunk style ;) Cant wait to see what you come up with..er..rather where the characters take you :-D

    My second wolf is pretty intense already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How demoralizing...the near carbon-copy of Bite - is that another one of your works?

    The Cyberpunk novella sounds fun. It might be just the thing you need to restore your confidence.

    By the way, thanks for joining my site and promoting my blogfest. I'm looking forward to your entry!

    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, I'm over from the monster mash contest. I'm anew follower and am looking forward to getting to know you. I'm sorry you have to change some things in your story, but you can do it. Good luck and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Renee. The challenge is sure to make your story all the much better.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete