Sunday, April 17, 2011

N is for Not Being A Good Blogfest Participant

I've been lax in my blogfest duties. What are my excuses?

- I've had to interview for a job over the summer, as my current employment goes into downtime when the semester is over. Good news? I got said job. Great news? It's EXACTLY the career path I want to take. Even better news? It's seasonal, so it will end around the time that my full-time employment picks back up. Bad news? It doesn't pay as well. Even worse news? I'm afraid I might love it so much that I won't want to go back to work in September.

- My partner is a PhD student and is nearing the end of the semester. He needs the computer more than I do. Yeah, it's my Mac, but it's the only working computer in the house, and I don't want to be the reason he doesn't do well this semester.

- I work nights. It sucks. I'm a morning person, and I get home around 9-10 at night now. Riding my bike home about 5 miles over elevation changes of over 100 feet into work in the morning, and back home in the dark in the evening. I haven't been able to exercise because I go to bed when I get home, and I'm physically exhausted in the morning. My circadian rhythm dictates I wake up at 5 a.m. (since that was my routine for four years), so in general, I'm a wreck.

- I entered the Harlequin Nocturne Editor's Pitch Challenge. Bad news? I hadn't actually finished the Cravings piece I submitted the pitch for. So I spent the last few days FINISHING the piece.

By the way. This is the FIRST manuscript I have EVER EVER finished. I nearly cried when I wrote the words The End, and felt I actually had a satisfying ending. (If you can't tell from my blog posts, I struggle with endings and just kind of let my posts trail off into oblivion....)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on ending your manuscript! "posts trail off into oblivion"...that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a great job despite all that is going on in your life!
    Congrats on 'The End'. It was hard to write but thrilling too! I can't wait to write those words again!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete