Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Z is for Zeus's Robber Frog

It seems like not much is known about this critter apart from being endangered, but he is adorable, isn't he?

Zeus's Robber Frog, isolated to a small area of Cuba, is closely related to the more popular Puerto Rican coquí. The coquí, so called because of the chirping noise it makes, is found in El Yunque, the only rainforest belonging to the U.S. Forest Service!

The writer in me has a huge pet peeve. Everywhere I found information on this frog, it was written as Zeus'. So I've used "Zeus's" rather than "Zeus'," because that's just how it is supposed to be--you wouldn't say "my boss' car"!


I'm a little late, but I (mostly) did it!

Um... Sorry I'm a few days late. I was backpacking the Great Smoky Mountains all weekend and totally forgot to set this on auto-post! That's a story for another day though, and no, while bears were spotted near our campsite by other hikers on the second night, we didn't see any!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! I was wondering where Z got off too!

    Congrats on finishing!

    Great Smoky Mountains? That sounds amazing and a great reason to miss a blog post.

    Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this interesting creature. One of the blogs I follow, Missed Periods, covered the apostrophe catastrophe a few weeks ago. I wish I could remember what she said about the s' versus the s's rule. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete